Fri, 06 Oct|
Suicide & Self-Harm – A Vital Practice Update
What you need to know as a Private Practice Therapist or practitioner about the updates to NICE guidelines on Suicide and Self Harm.
Time & Location
06 Oct, 14:10 – 16:30
About the event
As therapists and mental health practitioners we know how important it is to remain engaged with relevant and robust CPD. In September 2022 new NICE guidelines were introduced around the topic of Suicide and Self-Harm; its assessment, management and preventing recurrence.
This workshop will give you a overview of this new guidance and support you, through training, discussion and case examples, to apply these key components in order to be up-to-date, relevant and competent in your practice.
During this course we will cover the following components
- A reflection on what practices and policies you have been encouraged to adopt to date
- A personal reflection on the states of suicidality and self-harm
- An understanding of the history of risk assessment – and the strengths and acute weaknesses of some of these historic approaches
- The redundancy of aspects of risk assessment tools
- The adoption of structured clinical judgement
- Personalised, idiosyncratic, bespoke thinking around suicide and self-harm
- Key relevant points for private practice from The National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Safety in Mental Health